Acer Aspire On Linux will not boot

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by poor1, Jun 6, 2011.

1. poor1

poor1

Installed Easy Peasy on my Acer Aspire One (model ZG5) a few months ago and it has been working brilliantly. I'm ok with Windows but know nothing about Linux.

I inadvertently deleted the spreadsheet/word processing software, could not find the trash bin (if there is one) to uninstall it and thought if I reinstalled Easy Peasy I would be able to reinstate the software.

Without choosing to boot from the memory stick in the BIOS, which I now suppose I should have done, I put in the USB memory stick from which I had previously installed Easy Peasy, pressed F2 and the machine booted up normally without booting from the memory stick.

Shut down leaving the memory stick in the USB and tried to boot again and it would not boot up..

When I boot up without the memory stick, it starts up, the fan works, but the screen remains blank (black). Pressing F2 to access the BIOS does nothing. Have tried disconnecting the battery before trying to boot to no avail.

Any ideas please

poor1, Jun 6, 2011
Ask a Question