acer aspire one 110 help

Discussion in 'Storage' started by bmwmdriver89, Feb 1, 2010.

1. bmwmdriver89

bmwmdriver89

So I bought this acer aspire one aoa 110-1588 on eBay knowing that it wouldn't boot. I tried to install various versions of windows that wouldn't work including windows xp home sp3, windows xp pro sp3, windows xp pro sp2, and windows 7 ultimate. I was fed up so I decided to try ubuntu. I then tried installing ubuntu and that didn't work. But i did manage to get the acer aspire to run with ubuntu installed on a flash drive with the flash drive plugged in. When I got to the ubuntu desktop screen SMART said my 8gb ssd imminent failure back up all files. It said the hard drive had some read write errors. My question is what hard drive preferable a 1.8 zif will work with my computer. I already tried putting a hitachi travelstar 30 gb from a zen vision w into the computer the connecters fit up perfectly but when I start the computer it doesn't recognize it. Maybe I need to reset my cemos or something. So what are my options cuz I want to spend $60 or under. also i did a ram test and my ram passed. i just want to get my computer to work cuz i already paid $150 and i dont think anyone would buy it from me in the condition that its in.

bmwmdriver89, Feb 1, 2010
  2. bmwmdriver89

blaster

ok you may need a FLIP cable but i'm not shore there is a 70% chance i think and just hope you havn't killed your hdd

blaster, May 4, 2010
Ask a Question