Acer Aspire One A150 Webcam not found

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Kope30, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Kope30

Kope30

Hi!
    My problem is that my web cam just gone. I checked the device manager end it's not there.The icon should be in My Computer but it's gone. At first I thought it was the driver, and I downloaded one, but when I wanted to install it it kept telling me that plug in the USB web cam first, but I have a built in web cam. It was the same when I downloaded another one.
    Please somebody help me with this.

Kope30, Mar 20, 2010
  2. Kope30

Swarvey Moderator

Hi there,

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but it sounds like either the cam, the cable, or the integrated USB controller that runs the USB port that drives the camera has developed a fault. Downloading the drivers was a good move, but unless there is uninstalled hardware in your device manager, there's nothing for a driver installation to do. But now you do have the latest drivers there in the event that we can get the cam itself working again.

There are a couple of things I would try before handing it over for warranty repair though.

*Try a known working USB device in each USB port on the machine. To verify that the USB Controller is still fully functional.
    even if they're all working, try the next step as well
    *Open up device manager, and uninstall all the USB host controllers and hubs, reboot and allow Windows to re-install all the hubs, which will subsequently re-detect and install all USB devices attached.

I still have the camera module somewhere from my old 150, so if troubleshooting gets to the point where you want to try installing another working module, let me know and you can have my old one.

Swarvey, Apr 7, 2010
  3. Kope30

7dwarfs

I have the same isue with a A150.

But you probably have a Liteon Camera Lily and you tried to install the Suyin driver for Camera Rose. But after all it doesnt matter, I've tried the Liteon driver too and it won't install. BTW Windows XP has its own driver for the webcam.

Maybe the firmware on the webcam module is destroyed.

Damn.

I would be pleased to get your working webcam.

Regards.

7dwarfs, Apr 11, 2010
  4. Kope30

7dwarfs

I bought a new used webcam, but not one of these Lily crap ones and Windows found the webcam right away and it is working like a charm.

7dwarfs, Apr 16, 2010
Ask a Question