Acer Aspire One D250 ACPI Issues

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by CoppeRaven, Feb 22, 2010.

1. CoppeRaven

CoppeRaven

I'm currently running Ubuntu Linux 9.10, Netbook Remix Edition, but I want to install either Mac OSx86 or Windows. When I purchased this it came with Windows XP, but I choose to install Linux (I prefer Open Source).

The problem arose when I tried noticed I have to boot with "nolapic" all of the sudden. Now when I try to install any of the other operating systems, I can't. I believe my laptop's apci is destroyed for some reason, and I'm not sure how to fix it. Can anyone help?

I've installed the most recent bios, and I've even done an emergency bios recovery. I don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance,
    Oryan Baker

CoppeRaven, Feb 22, 2010
  2. CoppeRaven

CoppeRaven

Does no one have a solution for me? I could really use some help.

CoppeRaven, Feb 22, 2010
  3. CoppeRaven

^Andy^

What happens when you try to install? What error do you get?

^Andy^, Feb 22, 2010
  4. CoppeRaven

CoppeRaven

I get no where. It always freezes far early. On windows it freezes long before making it to the formatting, and on OSx86 it freezes before the gui even.

CoppeRaven, Feb 27, 2010
  5. CoppeRaven

CoppeRaven

Sorry about the delay to reply. I got seriously busy lately, slammed with web design work, and many meetings with my recruiter. Does anybody have any idea's though? I'm completely stumped. I don't know how to fix this issue...

Oryan

CoppeRaven, Mar 1, 2010
  6. CoppeRaven

^Andy^

This may be a silly question but are you sure the fan is working and that the netbook is not overheating?

Can you run a linux live cd ok for any period of time or does that also lock up?

^Andy^, Mar 1, 2010
  7. CoppeRaven

CoppeRaven

Fans are running fine, and when running a live cd I have to use noapic also

CoppeRaven, Mar 2, 2010
  8. CoppeRaven

^Andy^

Looks like it could be known problem with certain linux builds (see here for an example https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=533746).

I have an A150 and not a D150 so can't really help much regarding the windows installation either. Have you tried using a linux live cd (any flavour) and deleting all partitions, creating a new ntfs partition and then installing windows? - may be worth a try.

^Andy^, Mar 3, 2010
Ask a Question