Acer Aspire One D250 unable to flash

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by darkpsngr, Jul 16, 2011.

1. darkpsngr

darkpsngr

Hello
    I'm new to this forum.
    Hopefully someone here has a possible solution to my problem or can point me in the right direction.

My problem began with the AC being plugged in but not being recognized by the computer which didn't allow the computer to recharge the battery.
    First I went and looked for solutions online and one was to update the BIOS, so I went over to the Acer website, downloaded the latest BIOS version which is 1.29 proceeded to update it by putting the KAV60.fd onto a USB stick formatted with FAT and used the Fn+ESC to load 1.29 and that worked fine, I went into BIOS saw that it had been updated to 1.29 so I thought I was good to go. Windows XP loading screen and got a BSOD every time at the same spot.

Now I am at the point where the computer power button will turn on but I have a black screen and the computer won't POST. I tried flashing but it's almost like the netbook doesn't notice the USB stick plugged in when using the Fn+ESC method for flashing. Any insight would be appreciated.

darkpsngr, Jul 16, 2011
  2. darkpsngr

Shadowfax

I can't even get it to work with FN+Esc method :/

Shadowfax, Apr 30, 2013
Ask a Question