acer aspire one full SSD after reboot

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Renault5GTT, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Renault5GTT

Renault5GTT

Hey guys,

Ive recently formatted my 8gb hard drive and reinstalled a fresh copy of XP, i didnt create a partition and just installed XP as normal. Ive intalled all the correct drivers for my aspire and intalled SP3. I also installed flash fire to speed up my SSD but when look to see how much HD space I have left it only shows that I have 953megabytes remaining?

Surely I cant have used up 8gb reintsalleding what is needed to make my aspire run? :eek:

its a AOA 110 BW.

Have I done something wrong when installed xp or 8gb sound right for a fresh copy of xp and some drivers nowadays?

Regards all,

Mark :D

Renault5GTT, Apr 18, 2010
  2. Renault5GTT

Swarvey Moderator

Don't forget that alongside the standard XP install, you will also have System Restore points that may take up a fair bit of space, but System Restore can be disabled and the restore points deleted. Which will save you some space. There is also the matter of the swap file, if Windows is still handling that, it could be quite massive, but needed none-the-less. Make sure all your TEMP folders are empty and see if there is any Temporary Windows Updates / Update Rollbacks in the Windows folder. You can also right click on your Windows folder in My Computer, choose properties, and see just how much space it's actually taking up. Then there's also your installed Program Files, Windows owns some of these as well.

Swarvey, Apr 24, 2010
  3. Renault5GTT

Sudsmcduff96

Make sure you don't have any Virtual Memory set up on your SSD... It can be glitchy at times for me. Go to My Computer>Right Click>Properties>Advanced>Performance>Advanced>Virtual Memory>Change>No Paging File>Set.

Sudsmcduff96, Apr 26, 2010
  4. Renault5GTT

Swarvey Moderator

:p that's the swap file :p

Swarvey, Apr 27, 2010
Ask a Question