Acer Aspire One is more expensive in Taiwan...

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Captain_Morgan, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Captain_Morgan

Captain_Morgan

I wanted to buy Acer Aspire One in Taiwan but it's a lot more expensive... It's 15500NT which is around $500USD for Aspire One with Windows xp, 120GB, 1GB ram and 6 cell. That's almost $100USD more expensive than the 160GB, 6 cell, windows xp version in the US. I'm having second thoughts. I was about to buy it in Taiwan but I don't know why it is more expensive. Shouldn't it be cheaper? Is Acer ripping off its own people??

I'm waiting for the 6cell, 160GB, Windows xp version to come out in the US. It's the best buy of the bunch. Any news on the new version?

Captain_Morgan, Aug 24, 2008
  2. Captain_Morgan

atarione

maybe the extra $100 goes towards missiles / other defenses to keep the PLA at bay :p

in which case totally worth it.

alight being a wise @$$ aside I don't know but it seems Europeans routinely get hosed on pricing vs the United States also....meh... could to be (for the moment...still)good to be the worlds biggest economy apparently?

atarione, Aug 24, 2008
  3. Captain_Morgan

Maso

List prices can be deceptive, likely more so in Taiwan than elsewhere. Virtually no one that I know here buy their computers at list. I got my A110 BL for what, USD$370, and I was one of the early adopters. Didn't want an error-prone HD in my AA1, and still don't. :cool:

Maso, Aug 24, 2008
  4. Captain_Morgan

Captain_Morgan

What list price?

This is the best price I got from local vendors at Guang Hwa Market which is the place to buy computer hardware.

5. Captain_Morgan

Maso

They gave you the list price, as it is unlikely you would see it advertised for more elsewhere. I haven't.

Maso, Aug 24, 2008
  6. Captain_Morgan

Captain_Morgan

Well, that's the best price I can find in Taiwan. They originally was selling it for 16500 but I cut it down to 15500. Still very expensive.

7. Captain_Morgan

Kreso

So? :) I've payed mine $550 in Croatia. 3cell, 1GB RAM, 120GB HDD model. Which isn't that expensive, considering Wind costs a bit over $700.

Kreso, Aug 24, 2008
  8. Captain_Morgan

rebuilder

in EU the 8gb 512 linux one seems to go for a bit under 300 € at the cheapest, so that's about 408 dollars. This was before the price drop, I don't know if that'll be done over here as well.

rebuilder, Aug 24, 2008
Ask a Question