Acer Aspire One Linux Netbook

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by johann, Nov 1, 2009.

1. johann

johann

Hello, I would like to connect an external DVD writer to my Acer Aspire One Linux Netbook. The DVD writers that I find in the shops have written on the box that they are good for Windows XP/Vista and do not mention anything about Linux systems. Is it possible to use such external DVD writers on my Linux Acer? Do I need a special driver? Which software do I need to copy my PC files on a DVD? Some DVd writers have copying software, but do not know if they run on Linux system? Thanks Johann

johann, Nov 1, 2009
  2. johann

melhiore

I understand you have Linux Linpus - default system for AA1. Or you have "full" Linux OS??

Any DVD writer will work. It's just a matter of software you use under Linux OS. Answer my first question and we going to know what software you can use...

melhiore, Nov 1, 2009
  3. johann

johann

My Acer is completely running on Linux, the one that comes with the Acer netbook when buying it. Thanks Johann.

johann, Nov 1, 2009
Ask a Question