acer aspire one sound problems?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by tech-guy, Jun 7, 2009.

1. tech-guy

tech-guy

Hey-- I am having problems with my acer aspire one netbook. For some reason, when I play music through my netbook's speakers, the sound starts skipping and the computer crashes and often goes to the BSOD. But the second i plug in an external sound source such as headphones, into the sound port-- the problem is cleared and the system goes to normal and no sound glitches.

What's wrong?

Chris.

tech-guy, Jun 7, 2009
  2. tech-guy

Forone

I'd first check for updates to the drivers - I got several as optional through Windows Update.

Forone, Jun 7, 2009
  3. tech-guy

wozofoz

I don't want to alarm you as this is possibly/probably not your problem, unless you like it loud, but I think it is worth mentioning.

You may want to read this Engadget Article

U2's "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" killed the HardDrive :shock: Any comment would be superfluous :mrgreen:
    You will note that the date of the article is not April 1st, I had to double check ;)

All the best, woz of oz

wozofoz, Jun 7, 2009
  4. tech-guy

judeh101

lol, mine doesn't go into BSOD, but mine does freeze. Until after a while, it's completely operational. I guess it's the Power source problem. Not enough current in the 5V railing.

judeh101, Jun 12, 2009
  5. tech-guy

tech-guy

Why would you put windows vista on the acer aspire one? Windows 7 runs well on it, but I like xp for the netbooks. It's simple and that's what netbooks are for.

Chris.

tech-guy, Jun 12, 2009
  6. tech-guy

judeh101

I haven't been using the forum lately, but I'm using xp now :p
    I don't like vista.

judeh101, Jun 12, 2009
Ask a Question