Acer Crystal Webcam malfunctioned

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by CIO, Mar 4, 2009.

1. CIO

CIO

I am having problems with my Aspire One bult-in webcam.

I recently removed the original Windows that came with the netbook and did a clean install of Windows Home edition. Everything was working great. Webcam was working fine at that time and working beautifully.

I had the netbook on battery power, then it went into standby and I hit the power button to turn it back on. I get an error message from Windows saying that the webcam had malfunctioned and Windows no longer recognized the USB device.

I tried reinstalling Sunyin but I got the message asking me to plug in the webcam which obviously isn't feasible. I did a search on this forum and found threads about Suyin drivers causing problems during standby. So I removed Acer webcma from the program list, rebooted, but still windows failed to recognize any new usb devices.

I went into the device manger and I can see Unknown device in the USB device listing, I tried to force it to update, disable, uninstalled it, etc. Can't get Windows to recognize the webcam.

It's very aggravating, it was working perfectly then the next moment it's not, all because the netbook went into standby.

Any recommendations???? I would very much like to avoid doing another Windows reinstall if possible at all.

Thanks, appreciate your help.

CIO, Mar 4, 2009
  2. CIO

mrsimbob

I also have this problem. Any one help?. How do you know which drivers are required Suyin or Liteon?

mrsimbob, Mar 13, 2009
  3. CIO

aidan.cage

exact same problem. What's more, I found my OS (xp) started freezing up moments after startup. And the notice that "USB device not recognized" continually loads in my tray (repeatedly, endlessly). Am I to reformat? I have a lot of data to backup before I do. No webcam on my aspire one now :(

aidan.cage, May 23, 2009
  4. CIO

Dra6on45

I also have this problem, would a BIOS update for my AOD150 help or not, cus I would rather not update BIOS and risk bricking my unit if I didn't have to.

Dra6on45, Nov 4, 2009
Ask a Question