Acer expansion storage only works as separate drive

Discussion in 'Windows' started by rolexel, May 1, 2010.

1. rolexel

rolexel

Hi,

My Acer Aspire One AOA 110-1588 has windows 7 on it. The problem is, win7 uses almost all the 8GB of the onboard space, and there is only about 20-50KB left.

I have a 2nd 8GB SD card which i inserted into the left hand "storage expansion" slot. But, in windows 7, it just shows up as a 2nd removable drive. Is there anyway I can make this show as one 16GB disk? Isn't that what the expansion slot is supposed to do in the first place?

Thanks.

rolexel, May 1, 2010
  2. rolexel

melhiore

Storage expansion works rather under Linux. That's why you do not have this feature available by default in W7.

There is something like dynamic disc under M$ products - try it... However - I'm not sure it works with W7 as all information I found after quick Google search are related to XP, 2000 and 2003 Server...

melhiore, May 1, 2010
  3. rolexel

hartleyshc

Dynamic disks works with 7, but will require you to set up the drive and then reinstall the OS. You will need to set up the drive in another computer as a secondary disk to set up dynamic disks. Windows does not allow setting up dynamic disks on a primary drive. Although running dynamic disks on a primary disk is not a problem.

also note: you will most likely have to set up dynamic disks on another 7 machine.

hartleyshc, Jun 6, 2010
Ask a Question