acer ferrari

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by sasarchiver, May 20, 2010.

1. sasarchiver

sasarchiver

hi guys, newbie here saying hello...

i got the ferrari about 2weeks ago, with win7, and i have to say that im pretty dissapointed in its performance, especially online.
    is there an issue with this model does anyone know? just seems to slow, and its pretty impressive specs. on the verge of returning it for a laptop.
    also, when i watch videos online, they flicker white, dam anouying. tried updating adobe, java etc, no luck.
    boots up quick, starts ok. it has games preinstalled, they dont even start. im lost lol
    kicking myself for spending £400 on a netbook.

sasarchiver, May 20, 2010
  2. sasarchiver

samusishere

Try searching for the drivers for the graphics chipset. Acer is known for not providing the most up to date drivers on there systems. Im not exactly sure witch graphics chipset you have but it should not hard to find out.

samusishere, May 21, 2010
  3. sasarchiver

Pytheas

When it comes to netbooks, in general, you shouldn't be excited even when you see the Ferrari logo on their back! They are low-end machines, that aim at being portable with a long battery life. They are to be used for basic tasks, such as internet browsing, word processing etc, so do not expect to play games or to watch HD videos without problems...
    Since you posted in the AAO 751h forum, you have a more powerful netbook than the rest of us: better CPU, more RAM and a far-better GPU! So if you encounter problems in specific tasks, you should imagine that our machines are significantly weaker... if you have all the latest drivers installed, then there's only a little tweaking you can do in order to have the machine work more smoothly: disable Aero, enabling Hardware Acceleration/Performance mode of your graphics card, use a fast USB flash drive for the ReadyBoost option etc.

Good luck and if you're still not satisfied with the netbook's performance try to give it back, get a refund and buy a low-end laptop for 400 pounds, which will be much faster but more power-hungry and less portable.

Pytheas, May 21, 2010
  4. sasarchiver

SanityClaus

Hi, I have an Acer Ferrari One as well and its great..But it needs 4Gb ram and mine has 100Gb SSD and I removed the 64bit version of Windows 7.
    Not sure of the benefits of 64bit OS on a netbook, even if it dual core. Then with a std sata hard drive download and use Auslogics defrag and then finish it off with JK defrag (takes longer but really deep!) With all this its great and I have never had any issues with IE8 etc. I use RJ45 with 13amp networking rather than horrible and not secure wireless. Itsn`t it nice to type with proper size keyboard tho? Regards Sanity

SanityClaus, May 21, 2010
  5. sasarchiver

sasarchiver

thanks for all ur replys guys.

1. tried to up date video drivers (ati 3200hd) but all are up-to-date.
    2. yea i know there not as high perf as laptops, but the specs looked good
    3. i repaired a aspireone, the one were u had to update the bios via usb drive as netbook wouldnt work. i was impressed with that aspire one.

i cant get the flashing videos to stop and its anouying. is there xp support for this netbook? i would rather prefer xp.

sorry but £550inc 3yr warranty, is not worth it. well i dont like it very much. i think im going to swap it for same price laptop, or get 2 aspireones ;)

sasarchiver, May 25, 2010
  6. sasarchiver

sasarchiver

another 2 problems today. its going back.

ive lost my usb 2.0, all comes on as 1.1.
    internet speed has dropped to 300kbps instead of my usuall 1800kbps.
    making a strange little screeching noise, especially when u type or move the mouse.

im returning mine today. waste of money

sasarchiver, May 26, 2010
  7. sasarchiver

AdamElphick

Maybe you simply had a faulty one? All the reviews say the Ferrari 200 is a great little netbook, more powerful than the 751h. Also they say it plays video fine which is what makes me think yours was dodgy!

AdamElphick, Jun 25, 2010
  8. sasarchiver

AcerSpace

netbooks are sketchy to begin with, I am not a fan of the atom processor. I bought a cheap laptop instead and I no longer have to run data recovery software once a month just for my netbook to function. Has anybody else here experience these kinds of problems with their netbooks? I just got really tired of having to make sure all of my sensitive information was in the same place I put it the day before. Running data recovery can be a bit tireless. Do you know anything about datanumen?

AcerSpace, May 18, 2011
  9. sasarchiver

AdamElphick

I have a Ferrari One and it is amazing. I think you had a dodgy one to be honest. I love mine so much I use it for work instead of the expensive Dell laptop I was given. I woudl try another one and as said previously up the RAM top 4gb as it is then running as DDR properly. I have a 320GB HD in mine not an SSD and its still really good.

The worst problem with the Ferrari is that there is hardly any Forum activity about it!!!!

AdamElphick, May 31, 2011
  10. sasarchiver

sallyyoung32

One formal way is to drop your query on dedicated customer care technical support channel. I understand, warranty can bother but after all they promise to troubleshoot. Give them a chance but don't experiment unnecessarily. Anyways! you remind me of my recent driving experiences by using word Ferrari.

sallyyoung32, Jun 16, 2011
  11. sasarchiver

zoomer

The Acer DynaVivid Graphics Dock is all very well, but can you point me cell phone tracking to where you can purchase it in the UK?

zoomer, Nov 14, 2011
  12. sasarchiver

wolfydog

Hi, i want to install on my windows 7 the original ferrari theme and aero on my acer ferrari one.
    I google but no luck.
    Anyone can help me?
    thanks

wolfydog, Mar 28, 2012
Ask a Question