ACER is garbage

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by RLT, Feb 27, 2010.

1. RLT

RLT

Bought Aspire One last Aril, screen cracked days ago. Called Acer support office in Canada, was told that need to pay about 200 bucks for the repair. The problem is this computer is still within the one year warranty and the computer never fallen down any floor. What should I do next?

RLT, Feb 27, 2010
  2. RLT

Bramster

This is like stepping into a bakery and yelling: Bread Sucks !

Bramster, Feb 27, 2010
  3. RLT

Swarvey Moderator

LOL @ Bramster

Hate to say it, but I've been there. Had two Acer Extensa's a few years back, the hinges on them were notoriously stiff, even the tech agreed when I took it to them and oversaw his work. Would you believe he actually had to take the hinges out, put them in a bench vice, lubricate and knock them with a small hammer to move them? Anyway, it was these tight hinges that over time warped and eventually cracked my screen, simply from opening and closing.

Long story short, even though it was clearly a manufacturing defect, Acer were adamant that they don't put warranty on their screens. They wanted $500 out of me to replace it. It took legal action for Acer to finally replace it at their expense.

Given that all you've said is that your screen's cracked, and that you haven't dropped it or anything, it's hard to say what you can do. In all honesty, apart from mis-treatment there's no real reason for them to crack. I suppose leaving the AAO in a hot car may cause the glass to expand and crack, but even then they clearly state in the user manual to not leave the unit in direct sunlight or heat.

Any other information you can give about your machine and the circumstances where the monitor initially broke could prove helpful.

Swarvey, Feb 27, 2010
Ask a Question