Acer Messenger

Discussion in 'Networking' started by bombay, Jan 26, 2009.

1. bombay

bombay

Hi. I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this thread, so apologies if it isn't. I have an Acer Aspire One Laptop, which I bought just before last Christmas. It runs Linux. I haven't had a problem with the messenger service before, but fairly recently (a couple of weeks ago), every time I logged on, it told me that 'The Certificate Chain is invalid'. It took ages to load, and eventually did so, however, the nudge button was greyed out, and people couldn't receive my animations, although I could see them working as usual on my screen. After reading some other forums, I installed live updates, which seems to have fixed the 'Invalid Certificate Chain' thing, but nudges and animations still don't seem to be working. If anyone has any ideas of how to fix this as it is very annoying, I would be most grateful. Thanks very much, Amy

bombay, Jan 26, 2009
  2. bombay

Pureblood

i have the same problem...

Pureblood, Feb 27, 2009
  3. bombay

njay

Been through live update and acer messenger version is currently 1.02.3007 and I was getting the invalid chain error as well.

What I did was sign out of all accounts,
    under disk///.purple/ delete the accounts.xml and blist.xml files
    Create the account again and make sure to tick the box for windows messenger compatible service.
    Login in and all is fine.
    Logout and untick the box.
    Login again and no invalid chain message and no lengthy delay. The nudge feature works fine and webcam options available

I still cannot get the webcam to work though even though its available. I can start webcam within Acer messenger (and also within Window Vista messenger on my desktop machine I've logged into with my wifes live account) the invite gets sent but it never reaches the recipient but I can continue to type messages on both machines so not hung.

Its frustrating as works starting a webcam under live messenger on win7 that I've now got as dual boot on the Acer so definately a Linpus Acer Messenger issue :(

njay, Mar 4, 2009
  4. bombay

steba

Yesterdeay, I updated the Acer Messenger and, it seems ok now. That error message "Invalid certificate chain. The certificate chain presented for contacts.msn.com is not valid." is gone.

Try an update....

steba, Mar 9, 2009
  5. bombay

CragFace

Hi, I found recently that the messenger just refused to work and my Yahoo and msn became inoperable.
    Then I found this link and all is well. http://uk.webmessenger.yahoo.com/ You no longer need to use your link from the front page, just start from this browser address.

CragFace, Jun 24, 2009
Ask a Question