Acer One Aspire 532h

Discussion in 'Windows' started by MrBlue, Oct 5, 2011.

1. MrBlue

MrBlue

Hi all

First time poster but been reading the forum for almost week trying to locate the answer!

I have a Acer One Aspire 532h but the boot up process takes around five minutes to get to the Windows login screen.

I've had the machine for a week and although was fine for a day or two the problem occurred on day three. I made no voluntary changes to BIOS OS or any updates or software installs apart from removing MCaFee and installing Microsoft security essentials.

The OS is Windows Starter.

I have since restored from Erecovery but this makes no difference. Original BIOS was 1.21...i have flashed through the latest versions and it now stands at 1.26. So machine boots, windows bar appears, disappears, goes black, appears again, disappears to black screen for five mins or so and finally boots into Windows. Once logged in its fine. I've run SFC /Scannow and reported no errors, I've also run Chkdsk /r and this has made no difference. If i boot in safe boot it will hang on Classpnp.sys but I suspect its the next file in the sequence that is causing the issue.

Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks

MrBlue, Oct 5, 2011
Ask a Question