acer one take forever to pass bios screen

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by matt271, Oct 10, 2009.

1. matt271

matt271

i have a very weird prob with my acer one....

i updated the bios, and re-partitioned the hdd. now i have several partitions and grub on my mbr. i also have the latest bios. i think 1 of these may be the cause of my prob

what my prob is, is the acer one takes a long ass time to get past the bios screen if its not plugged in. it will just sit at the bios screen for like 5 minutes. it does it 100% of the time if its not plugged in, and maybe 50% of the time if its plugged in.

i reset bios settings, i disabled all boot devices, i tried different versions of the bios, i kicked it and spit on it, and nothing works.

if i press F2 it will not change the screen for 5 minutes

any ideas?? any1 have same prob?

matt271, Oct 10, 2009
  2. matt271

meine

what OS do you use?

had the same with Linpus when it got into coma-mode at <50% battery with wifi on. after a forced reboot holding the powerbutton for 5 secs it took ages to get past the bios. switched to Fedora 11 XFCE and coma mode now comes at battery <30% when wifi is on. instant reboot. with F11 without wifi it runs as it should be untill the last watt is gone.

Meine

meine, Oct 15, 2009
Ask a Question