Acer One Video Driver Issue

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jfcherry, Mar 11, 2010.

1. jfcherry

jfcherry

I own an Acer One A0751h. Today I updated the OS from Windows XP to Windows 7. I went to Acer.com site to load the drivers approved for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. Most drivers loaded OK except for the VGA_Intel_7.14.10.1095_Vista86_A video driver. The file that was being unzipped had an error code: "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged".

I thought about leaving the generic drives enabled, except the dispay appears to be streached. Check of Control Panel display information shows the 1. Generic PnP Monitor on Standard VGA Graphics Adapter has a resolution of 1024 x 768. I hope Acer driver help make my display look normal again.

Thanks in advance for your help.

jfcherry

jfcherry, Mar 11, 2010
  2. jfcherry

Swarvey Moderator

Sounds to me like a classic, corrupted download. Not to mention if you're using Windows 7, why download drivers for XP or Vista?

Also if you look towards the centre of the screen on the Acer download section, you'll see a drop-box. Click on the arrow to the right to select your version of windows from the list.

Here is a direct link to the VGA drivers for Windows 7 Home Premium http://global-download.acer.com/GDF...e&Step3=AO751h&OS=722&LC=en&BC=Acer&SC=AAP_10

Swarvey, Mar 11, 2010
  3. jfcherry

capitao_rf

do u have the drivers for acer crystal eye (webcam)? for win7 and winxp???

thanks

capitao_rf, Apr 23, 2010
Ask a Question