Acer one, Windows 7 and intel vga driver

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jkob, Jun 21, 2009.

1. jkob

jkob

hello all,
    i coudn't find any post about that metter, so here it is:
    the VGA driver (6.10.14.4926) coming with the ACER ONE isn't supporting windows 7. therefor, i get the
    no OPENGL thing when i'm trying to launch an 3d game on my acer (D150).
    i was diging to find that kinda of VGA driver in INTEL's site and also in ACER site. but there is no such a thing..
    has anyone managed to sort that thing out?

jkob, Jun 21, 2009
  2. jkob

Tamrac

MS drivers really don't support OpenGL as far as I know. So what you do is download the VISTA version of the GMA 945 driver found at the INTEL website. Install it in Windows 7 in Windows Vista compatibility mode, and don't forget to run as Administrator as well. There you go, you now have OpenGL. ;)

Tamrac, Jun 22, 2009
  3. jkob

jkob

i've tried that, the outcome was an opengl driver but a horrible screen resolution.
    the fonts where blur. i reinstalled the original one. anyhow the graphic card cannot handle 3d games.
    thanx anyway.

jkob, Jun 23, 2009
  4. jkob

Tamrac

Then you must have done something wrong, since that work around WORKS. That's what I did on my Windows 7 (build 7077) and it can handle OpenGL games now... played Unreal Tournament 2004 and Quake 3 Arena. ;)

Tamrac, Jun 23, 2009
Ask a Question