acer one with 3G usb stisck mods

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by torrentlord, Aug 19, 2008.

1. torrentlord

torrentlord

finally finish insatlled a usb stick 3g huwaei i did manage to put it on the side of the HDD http://madgic.vox.com/ here are some pics

torrentlord, Aug 19, 2008
  2. torrentlord

janss

Dude, that's a damn cool mod :mrgreen:

janss, Aug 19, 2008
  3. torrentlord

lotus49

That's a very nice mod.

How well is is working? Is the shielding interfering with the signal?

lotus49, Aug 19, 2008
  4. torrentlord

torrentlord

honestly signal quality is poor coz i took off the antenna it wont fit inside , best thing i did is to put a antenna booster sticker 3 euros it cost me , work very very good i have 3g all the time not gprs

torrentlord, Aug 19, 2008
  5. torrentlord

Guest Guest

:?: how did you get out the antena? extending the cable to out? or how...? my girlfriend gave me a huawei that she doesnt use, but its more bigger than yours, concretely its Huawei E220 (like this)
    [​IMG]

im thinking that this modem will not fit in the one... i will wait for the hdd to see how much space remain

another time sorry for my bad english

Guest, Aug 20, 2008
  6. torrentlord

lotus49

I have a Huawei E220 as well.

I have finally given up on play.com and ordered my One from someone on eBay so I am hoping to have it by the weekend. I shall have a look inside when I install the extra memory I have but I am fairly confident that there will be plenty of room inside. I am more concerned about the shielding affecting the signal.

lotus49, Aug 20, 2008
  7. torrentlord

torrentlord

i t ried Huawei E220 but the big issue are tha space its very hard to put in to . and its turn like a hot pan ( i can cook a egg on it) really hot this e220. so i manage to change it to the 3g usb stick which is much more better 20% less hotter than the e220 remember that you have to glue the sim card to the modem with a hot glue gun so on time that the e220 gone hotter sim card does pill off the device will say that you must insert the sim card and you have to dismantle the AAO

torrentlord, Aug 21, 2008
  8. torrentlord

Guest Guest

yep youre right the huavei 220 is very hot at all time and the sim must be glued... i didnt dissasembly my huawei but i think it would fi in the one... its very big! i think that i will pursache a 3g stick like yours, but at the moment i will connect via usb with the e220...

about the coberture of your huawei...
    its worst than the e220? i ear that the stick gets - coberture... is that right?

Guest, Aug 22, 2008
  9. torrentlord

lotus49

This does rather put me off. I hadn't really thought about the heat. I wouldn't say I could fry an egg on mine, but it probably does give off more heat than is good for the inside of my One.

My One finally arrived yesterday so I have been playing with it today. So far I have installed Ubuntu one an external drive and have been playing around with Linpus so I haven't even got round to testing the E220 with my new machine, but I shall do very soon.

lotus49, Aug 23, 2008
Ask a Question