Acer start up problem - stuck on splash screen!

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Chippie86, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Chippie86

Chippie86

Can anyone help me?

Earlier this year (March 2012) my Acer Aspire 5532 (Windows 7) would not go past the splash screne where it says ‘Acer Empowering People’.

If I pressed F2, it would say ‘Please Wait’ and stick like that and nothing more would happen. Once or twice it did make it past the Acer screen and I was able to access my computer, until the problem returned.

Anyways, I brought a new laptop that month but I never threw the old one out and it has just been sitting in the cupboard doing nothing. So out of interest, I wanted to see what would happen if I started it up after all this time. I started it up expecting the same thing to happen, but out of the blue it loaded up as nice as you like. I was able to start it up successfully 3 times in a row before the problem returned.

What could be causing this and is there any way that I can fix it?

Just to note, when I’m at the splash screen I cannot do anything else, the keyboard seems to work as when I press F2 I get ‘Please Wait’ but it sticks like that.

I’ve done all the usual tricks, holding the power button for 60 seconds while its unplugged and no battery.

Why would it start every so often?

Thanks

Chippie86, Nov 13, 2012
  2. Chippie86

john

Have you tried the start up repair? If not please do it and check whether the problem returns.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
    john, Nov 14, 2012
  3. Chippie86

Chippie86

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I have no idea how that is done, I'm not quite that tech savvy....lol

If you could provide me with any details to carry out this process I would greatly appreciate it.

Chippie86, Nov 14, 2012
  4. Chippie86

petersago

wish someone would reply with an answer as i have more or less have the same problem. How on earth do i get to start up repair

petersago, Dec 7, 2012
Ask a Question