ACER ZG5 AOA 150 "UNKNOW DEVICE"

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Glop, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Glop

Glop

Hello,
    I have installed win 7 HOME Premium in my netbook Acer ZG5 AOA 150. Everything works fine except that Win 7 keeps telling me that a device was not installed correctly and is unknown. This device is listed in BUS USB CONTROLLER.
    I googled the problem and came across with crystal eye webcam issues. I tried to reinstall drivers for webcam (Lite-on/Crystal eye) from Acer but nothing worked (drivers are only for XP). I tried the manual method for installing drivers, but the inf file were not found. Then I tried the setup method provided with drivers and at some point i am told to plug in camera which I cannot as same is built into netbook. :shock:
    I installed everest to knwo what hardware are inside my ZG5 but I could not found a reference for the webcam camera. And for Win 7, the built-in camera does not exists and is not listed as hardware.
    I formatted again my drivers and reinstall Win 7 a second time. But problem still there. I phone Acer and they told me that they do not support the upgrading of their netbooks!!! :x
    I really do not know what to do. Thanks a lot for your help.

Glop, Jan 21, 2011
  2. Glop

Mirkin

I have exactly the same problem with XP.
    I decided to disable the webcam and only turn it on when i need it. It always works once its enabled and the annoying pop-up box stops appearing.

Mirkin, Jan 24, 2011
  3. Glop

Glop

Thanks for your suggestion. I have applied it and no annoying message anymore at each start. :mrgreen: But with a fresh Windows 7 installation the camera is NOT AT ALL recognized. I have the Acer original Install CD with drivers but none of them works. Acer E-recovery does not work and applies with Acer original factory instatallation :eek: It is frustrating as I wanted to use the netbook with messenger and see friends live through the built-in camera. :cry:

Glop, Jan 26, 2011
Ask a Question