acessing a usb stick

Discussion in 'Linux' started by aaron87a, Nov 27, 2008.

1. aaron87a

aaron87a

guys i know i'm gonna sound like a tard but how do u access a usb stick on the linpus linux os on the aspire one? forgive me i'm a serious linux novice
    any help would be appreciated
    aaron

aaron87a, Nov 27, 2008
  2. aaron87a

daldred

Assuming you are using the basic desktop, plug the USB stick in, and open My Documents from the Files section of the desktop. Under the 'My Disk' bit showing how much space is on your main disk a new similar entry will appear for your USB stick. (Actually, I think the file manager may just open itself when you plug the stick in - give it a few seconds to notice it, though!).

To remove the USB stick, click on the green 'eject' button shown by the entry in the file manager.

daldred, Nov 27, 2008
  3. aaron87a

aaron87a

every time i open the my documents section all i get is a folder called aspireone with a pdf in it. also ive changed the desktop to the more traditional version. does that help?

aaron87a, Nov 29, 2008
  4. aaron87a

daldred

Have you tried with more than one USB stick? There may be some reason that this specific one isn't showing up.

daldred, Nov 29, 2008
  5. aaron87a

aaron87a

yea ive used numerous usb sticks, it also doesnt seem to recognise sd cards. when i plug a usb stick in nothing happens and i cant seem to find anywhere i can access it.

aaron87a, Dec 3, 2008
  6. aaron87a

markh

If you've changed your desktop, then perhaps this thread: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4310&p=28777 might help - others on there reported issues with usb ports not auto-mounting after a desktop mod. Haven't done it myself, so can't say further, I'm afraid.

markh, Dec 3, 2008
Ask a Question