ACPIEC Conflict?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by GvidoR, Mar 12, 2009.

1. GvidoR

GvidoR

Hi there,
    I have installed the following programs:
    - A1CTL
    - SpeedFan
    - Notebook Hardware Control

All of them access acpiec driver as I understand, I always have 2 of them running at the same time! A1CTL was doing it's job great until one day I discovered about Notebook Hardware Control. I think it's great, it shows the CPU usage and everything on the desktop - nifty. I got an error message that A1CTL had to close - "Send or Don't Send" I clicked on don't send and it closed. My Aspire One was quiet so I didn't bother to run it again - I thought Notebook Hardware Control has saved the settings. Well today I got messages popping up saying "CPU Temperature running at 80C or more". I didn't believe it the first two times because I had seen some weird temperatures before. When it popped up the third time, I decided to open SpeedFan, to check, and yes it was 81C :eek: The fan was turned off!! Why??
    I closed Notebook Hardware Control and opened A1CTL to cool it down (auto mode).
    Is there a conflict because all of them are accessing the same file/driver? I think I'll uninstall NHC and keep the other two apps.

GvidoR, Mar 12, 2009
Ask a Question