Acre Aspire one a must to have.

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by barrie, Dec 2, 2008.

1. barrie

barrie

Bought my AAO 512MB 8GB LLL V1.0.7.E a few weeks ago and finally with thanks to this forum members help finished installing all the relevant software I needed to the desktop with there own Icons. Things like Opera,Thunderbird,Skype,BiTtorrent etc. to name a few.

I use this AAO for on the move work and am totally impressed with its performance as it is my first real contact with a Linux distro. I had no issues re the live update, wireless and LAN work very smoothly and it finds any USB peripheral I plug in like mice,CD-DVD drives, HD`s,memory sticks, cameras, MP3 players, and phone memory cards, in fact I have yet to find out just what it cant do.

So for any one thinking of entering the Linux arena I would defiantly recommend this little notebook, :) and if you are worried about storage then go for the 120GB HD version, personally I just back my working files up to DVD`s so this is not an issue for me.

barrie, Dec 2, 2008
Ask a Question