Adding Bluetooth to AOD250

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by OldGuy, Jul 16, 2009.

1. OldGuy

OldGuy

I bought this last week on the spur of the moment at a Sam's Club and got the one without bluetooth. Is it possible to buy the bluetooth module and add it? Can anyone tell me what the empty bay/slot under the smallest of the three doors on the back is for?

Thanks,
    Mike

OldGuy, Jul 16, 2009
  2. OldGuy

radioman193

yes you can
    you can get a USB BT dongle
    and if you want you can buil it into your acer
    Watch out for the $1.99 to $6.00 JAP cheep bluetooth dongles on Ebay you need BlueSoleil software to run them and is NOT free!!
    A good Broadcom Bluetooth is what you would want and would be in you best intrest. the Broadcom Software is better and FREE!

look for a Linksys Bluetooth USB Adapter USBBT100
    or a
    Pair of INSIGNIA Stereo Bluetooth Headphones NS-BTHDST with dongle thay sound Awsome and have a SWEET Broadcom Bluetooth dongle (BCM2045B3) v2.1 +EDR

thats what i did I got mine for $15.00 eatch free shiping i got 6 pair ;)
    i put the dongle inside the acer's like this and used the USB off the Halfhight Mini-PCIe and the vcc + - off a side usb port.

the "slot" under the small door is suposeto be for 3G

radioman193, Jul 16, 2009
  3. OldGuy

OldGuy

Radioman,

Thanks much for the help. My primary use for it is to use a bluetooth mouse and a small printer that I have. I'll look for the dongles you mentioned.

Mike

OldGuy, Jul 16, 2009
  4. OldGuy

radioman193

Broadcom will Caust you alittle more but you get what you Pay for.
    the look for a Linksys Bluetooth USB Adapter USBBT100 will work better if your going to use it as a dongle and is a Class1 100 mW
    the other one is class2 2.5 mW

But the JAP ones are 1.0 mW EVEN if thay say thay are Class1 as i have got alot of these junk things trying to find a cheeped dongle and found thay ARE NOT WORTH IT and still pay for the software to use them. lol

radioman193, Jul 16, 2009
  5. OldGuy

AOD150BLACK

If you are not comfortable soldering, you can get a usb hub board (or take the guts out of a usb hub) and use it the same as the touchscreen hubs. You can find lots of posts on how to install it, and a video for the D150/250 touch screen kit shows one possible position to place it in, and can be viewed on the ebay listing by fidohub under 10.1" touch screen.

AOD150BLACK, Jul 16, 2009
  6. OldGuy

OldGuy

I'll check out the fidohub.

OldGuy, Jul 16, 2009
Ask a Question