Adding Original Bluetooth to AAO D250. Pictures

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by micro, Jan 29, 2010.

1. micro

micro

Adding Original Bluetooth to AAO D250 model.

Netbook to do the “upgraded”:

Acer Aspire One D250 LU.S680B.185
    BIOS version: 1.25 Date: Dec 2009
    2GB Ram, 160GB HD, 9 cells Bat, WI-FI, 3G: no
    Running Windows 7 Home Premium 32bits.

Excuse me if my English is not correct.

Well, I bought an original Bluetooth module P/N BCM92046 V2.1 + EDR (Come with the cable). Price on eBay: 14 Euro including shipment from China.
    Here is the module and cable, compared with 1 Euro coin.

[​IMG]

Here there is the BT connector on the main board.

[​IMG]

To turn ON/OFF the Bluetooth via software is necessary to download this software from ACER web page;
    Acer Empowering Framework 2.5.3004
    Acer ePower Management 2.5.3007
    The D250 main board have pre-installed the connector for the BT module, also the BT push button and the Blue LED for BT operation indicator. It’s incredible that don’t come from factory with this option, knowing that the price is very, very cheap. An USB Dongle Bluetooth is 3 Euro on eBay.

There is on the web the service guide for the D250 that show how to disassembly the PC.
    First, it’s necessary to remove the keyboard. You can see the picture how to do. Just upside of F8 key, put a small screwdriver, and lifts the KB.

[​IMG]

The BT connector is labeled “C”. The connectors labeled A and C are necessary disconnect in order to remove completely the upper cover.
    Initially, I connected the BT Module to the “C” socket, run the ACER ePower Management and the Blue LED indicating Bluetooth operation goes ON!!!!. I paired the PC with a cellular phone successfully!!!.

[​IMG]

Here are the pictures to see how to remove the Keyboard and the upper cover. The BT Module is installed just on back of upper cover, like show the pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is my workbench doing the job.....

[​IMG]

I was trying to put an outside push button to enable ON/OFF the BT but was impossible… The plastic had not on the upper cover…. So dismiss to do that.
    Here, you can see the components distribution on the main board. Observe the Bluetooth push button and the LED indicator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The original Bluetooth module is installed just on back of upper cover. See the picture with the ubication..

[​IMG]

Enjoy and hope that it will be useful for everybody. Regards!

micro, Jan 29, 2010
  2. micro

newbie_one

Thanks micro for posting this i did this upgrade to but was to lazy to post a write up. So here's another way of turning bluetooth on/off with out installing all those acer programs that waste precious system resources. This is what i did to turn the bluetooth on and off someone wrote a program for the windows mobility center that allows you to turn bluetooth on and off. It took sometime to find it but this is the easiest way that ive found that you can turn bluetooth on/off with out any other modding to your computer. Until someone creates a shortcut or a windows gadget to turn it on and off.

This should work on all 32bit windows 7!

instructions on how to do it

1. Go to http://www.withinwindows.com/2008/0...-second-non-oem-windows-mobility-center-tile/
    2. Then click and download where it says download his tile
    3. Download and install it
    4. After install press the windows key+x (windows key located between the Fn and alt button)
    5. Then this window should pop up
    [​IMG]
    6. Then click the toggle bluetooth button to turn off/on bluetooth

That's it folks this is my little contribution for all the help that i've recieved on the forums here.....

newbie_one, Feb 15, 2010
  3. micro

MYUSERNAME

MYUSERNAME, Feb 17, 2010
  4. micro

micro

Newbie_one, thanks by your contribution !. I downloaded and installed the patch, it appear when press Windows Key+X, but don't toggle the bluetooth ON/OFF.
    I'm using the Acer Epower management to do that and work fine. I have configured that when turn ON the netbook the Bluetooth is always ON. Regards!.

micro, Feb 18, 2010
  5. micro

micro

micro, Feb 18, 2010
  6. micro

Man of Adventure

Anybody get this working in XP? The Acer Empowering & ePower don't seem to be available in XP.

My module is in, but the system doesn't recognize it so I assume it's not turned on...

Man of Adventure, Feb 8, 2011
  7. micro

Man of Adventure

People are going to start to wonder about me if I keep answering my own questions but...

To get this to work in XP I located then installed the Acer Empowering Technology Framework for the TravelMate 5720:

ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/t ... 3.4001.zip

Once it was in, I then installed the Travelmate 5720 ePower Management:

ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/t ... 0.4002.zip

It asked me if I wanted to run ePower and I said no, but my icon had changed so it looked like it was running. At this point I ran into a glitch that is likely a function of the fact that I'm using an eMachines 250 rather than an Acer, so anyone trying this on an Acer may not see this happen. an error message popped up and informed me this wasn't an Acer.

I ignored it and right clicked on the power icon and was able to turn on Bluetooth. I then installed the Broadcom XP driver:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles ... Px86_A.zip

The install is straightforward from there.

I still get the warning message that my machine isn't an Acer, which I'd like to get rid of, but other than that everything is working great.

Man of Adventure, Feb 8, 2011
Ask a Question