Adding to the panel

Discussion in 'Linux' started by michaelo88, Sep 14, 2008.

1. michaelo88

michaelo88

Has anyone successfully customized the panel(s) in xfce? I want to have a workspace switcher and possibly some program launch shortcuts but when I right click to add things nothing happens.

I have deactivated the desktop icons and searchbar, and activated the option to see a menu on right click of the desktop. However this sometimes cancels itself out. The "Allow xfce to manage desktop" option in xfce-setting-show will sporadically deactivate - as well as whenever i activate compiz.

EDIT: possibly in the wrong forum, maybe should be in desktop customization

michaelo88, Sep 14, 2008
  2. michaelo88

eddieitman

Ok i assume that you are refering to the Task menu bar
    first thing to do is to run the following command from ALT+F2 then type in xfce4-panel -a that will then allow you to drop whatever you want to the taskbar and customize it

eddieitman, Sep 14, 2008
  3. michaelo88

michaelo88

Thanks, that's got the panel sorted. Still can't right click on it but that doesn't bother me right now. Also with a launcher on the taskbar I don't need to worry about compiz knocking out the right click launcher menu :)

michaelo88, Sep 14, 2008
Ask a Question