Aion - tower of Eternity

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ArthurHogemann, Aug 13, 2009.

1. ArthurHogemann

ArthurHogemann

Well, of course this netBook can't stand to run those graphics, but after a quick research in the web I found a guy that runned the game on a EEEpc 1000HE. After several tries I couldn't solve a render problem with the cryEngine, XRenderD3D9.dll to be more specific. Does anyone tried to run Aion on the Acer aspire? ... replies pls.

ArthurHogemann, Aug 13, 2009
  2. ArthurHogemann

ArthurHogemann

I found the solution, seems to be that ncSoft starts the game with a plain screen resolution, 1024x768 I think, and was a matter of config the system.cfg file with the right resolution to run the game ... and the game?
    Well took 2 minutes, at least, to see the login screen, even with GMA booster setted to 2.4x( 400Mhz ) the fps didn't get a good number, I guess it was around 8-12 fps. I couldn't log in to the game yet to see how it performs, north america open beta will be avaible this afternoon in about 2 hours.
    As soon it is avaible I will post the first impression and some screens of the game running on acer aspire one.

ArthurHogemann, Aug 14, 2009
  3. ArthurHogemann

ArthurHogemann

Here it is! Recorded with fraps, that consumed a big part of the performance.

enjoy this misery :p

obs.: 3-6 fps with fraps recording, 6-11 fps with "normal conditions".

ArthurHogemann, Aug 17, 2009
  4. ArthurHogemann

flatlander

I did a straight install of Aion ... it did not require any tweaking to get it working. Crank the settings down and it works fine though it is a little choppy. I wouldn't attempt to take part in mass pvp but grinding, gathering, instancing or using the AH go smoothly.

Shift-f12 makes it so other player character models do not load and improves rendering.

flatlander, Oct 20, 2009
Ask a Question