Alternative to USB modification?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by painrelief, Sep 3, 2009.

1. painrelief

painrelief

Hi Everyone. This is my first post. I've been reading through the forum and haven't (yet) found a solution to my problem.

I have an Acer Aspire One AOD150 - blue color and I want to add a bluetooth mouse dongle inside the netbook using the available slots, if possible. On the mother board, there is an Unused Bluetooth jack (JBT1) and the 3G card miniPCIe slot (JMINI2) on the mother board. The WiFi card is connected to the JMINI1 slot on the bottom of the board.

The board's layout is found on Chapter 5, page 135 - 136 of this document: http://www.clote.org/clote/download/doc ... llici.html

Does anyone know how to:
    1) Connect a USB device to JBT1?
    or
    2) Activate JMINI2 so that the WIFi card can be active on this slot (I've tried putting it on the slot but no luck on getting XP to recognize it) , so that I free up JMINI1 and buy a MIniPCI card with a USB adapter?

The AOD 150 Motherboard does not have the CN11 connectors or the RN 42 locations found on the AA0 110/150 boards.

Thanks for reading.

painrelief, Sep 3, 2009
  2. painrelief

painrelief

Update to my own post:

The bluetooth jack (JBT1) on the AOD150 board has 8 pin. According to one of the pinouts:
    1 = 3.3 V
    2 = GND
    3 = USB D+
    4 = USB D-
    5 = LED
    6 = NC
    7 = NC
    8 = NC

I've connected a USB Bluetooth dongle to Pins 3 and 4 and connected the power wires to USB1's power supply for 5 V power. Turned the computer on, and even manually hit the bluetooth switch, and waited. Nothing. It seems that something is missing from JBT1.

painrelief, Sep 7, 2009
  3. painrelief

jerryt

Did you wire the connector on the USB; Pwr (Red), D- (White), D+ (Green), Gnd (Black) ?

Wonder if D- and D+ got wired backwards.

jerryt, Sep 7, 2009
  4. painrelief

painrelief

I'm not sure if the Pinout for it was accurate. I googled for a long time and came across that.. Pin #1 has a TRIANGLE next to it.. so i'm pretty sure about the pin numbers. Have you tried making a connection using the Bluetooth jack?

painrelief, Sep 11, 2009
Ask a Question