Amarok for linpus linux ASPIRE ONE

Discussion in 'Linux' started by cyberfinne, Aug 19, 2008.

1. cyberfinne

cyberfinne

Hello,

i already installed amarok.

But it doesnt play mp3's. AMaraok said install xine or helix. But how can i do that.

Has anybody a simple explanation how can i run amarok on Acer Aspire One with Linpus Linux.

THAnx!
    cyberfinne

cyberfinne, Aug 19, 2008
  2. cyberfinne

suki22

Hi,

i installed amarok and the "amarok extras nonfree" and it plays mp3 files ;)

greets
    suki22

suki22, Aug 19, 2008
  3. cyberfinne

cyberfinne

Ok.
    How can i deinstall the other version of amarok.
    :D but i cant overwrite it.

greetings

cyberfinne, Aug 20, 2008
  4. cyberfinne

qbic2005

??

Don't have to uninstall, the codec pack is additional....

so go to the package manager, select the search tab, type amarok...
    select amarok and amarok non free codec pack --> install

If you didn't install amarok from the package manager, I suggest to uninstall it and redo the install from the pacakge manager if you have any problems :mrgreen:

If the non free package doesn't get listed, you should probably add the fedora-testing repo and livna repo to the package manager, just do a search on livna, info is pretty much spread around the forum... :idea:

qbic2005, Aug 20, 2008
  5. cyberfinne

Payndz

I don't know if this is related to the OP's problem, but one of the reasons I ended up uninstalling Amarok was that although it played the small batch of MP3s I'd put onto the AA1 as a test, when I copied a larger set over later it flat-out refused to acknowledge their existence. I later discovered that when I'd copied them across, the file system had put them all onto the 8Gb SD card I was using to expand the SSD. (Even though the file manager saw them as being in a single folder, the two batches were actually in different places.) So maybe Amarok doesn't like the AA1's storage management system.

No idea if anyone else has had this problem, just thought I'd mention my experience.

Payndz, Aug 20, 2008
Ask a Question