Amarok on desktop

Discussion in 'Linux' started by N1ghtm4r3.1nv4d3r, Dec 28, 2008.

1. N1ghtm4r3.1nv4d3r

N1ghtm4r3.1nv4d3r

Hey guys I just installed Amarok and I've been trying to add a line or 2 in the group-pp.xml so that it shows up in the "Fun" section of the desktop. It hasn't worked :L. I was wondering if someone could give me the line/s of code to add a shortcut to the .desktop file (in the folder /usr/share/applications/kde) I also have a .png 90x90 icon I would like to use as the icon (/usr/share/applications/amarok.png). Thanks in advance :D

N1ghtm4r3.1nv4d3r, Dec 28, 2008
  2. N1ghtm4r3.1nv4d3r

markh

If your .desktop file is (for example) /usr/share/applications/kde/amarok.desktop, then you need to add something like this: <app sequence="5">/usr/share/applications/kde/amarok.desktop</app> into group-app.xml in the fun section. Change that "5" to whatever fits where you want to position it (positions start from 0), and make sure you don't have 2 lines with the same sequence number. In the .desktop file itself, you can change the line "icon=..." to point to your preferred icon.

markh, Dec 29, 2008
Ask a Question