AMD or Intel?

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by hafiz93, Mar 12, 2016.

1. hafiz93

hafiz93

I'm thinking of a buying a new processor for my desktop soon, and I'm yet to choose between AMD or Intel. A lot of my friends used AMD for their desktop. From what I understand AMD is a bit cheaper than Intel, but it also heats up way faster than Intel. And also I've heard that Intel seems to be better performance wise. So which processor do you think is better overall?

hafiz93, Mar 12, 2016
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. hafiz93

Personablue

I would always recommend Intel over AMD every single day but the thing is before recommending anything, I would like to know your purpose.

Will you be playing games? If yes, light games like solitaire or high end games like Star wars
    Will you be multitasking a lot? Will you do any video editing?
    Will you be only doing Microsoft office works? etc etc

Personablue, Mar 12, 2016
  3. hafiz93

IcyBC

I always chose Intel when buying a new laptop because of the same reasons you've stated here. I am just an average user, without gaming, downloading, or coding, or video editing, so from own experiences, Intel worked well for me.

IcyBC, Mar 12, 2016
  4. hafiz93

hafiz93

Yes, I'll be playing games like Fallout, FIFA, CS:GO, and Borderlands.
    Well, I don't really multitask a lot, I do listen to music in WMP while surfing, or minimize a game to watch video, but there's nothing really heavy about my multitasking. And I'm not really planning on doing any video editing as of yet.

hafiz93, Mar 12, 2016
  5. hafiz93

acer93

I have always used Intel in all my laptops before. Of course it depends on the way you want to use your computer, but I heard so many instability problems about Amd.

acer93, Mar 16, 2016
  6. hafiz93

Krissttina Isobe

I've used both for I had to use the college's computer room a lot. I like Intel better than AMD because it's faster and no problems. AMD is so slow. The computers I use at the library and computer lab at college had all different kinds of computers with both AMD and Intel cores computers. I could spend hours on an intel core computer and it didn't slow down. If you'd like to see how the computers are with both try going to your local library and I hope they have both kinds of core so you can gauge which one you like best. Good luck!

Krissttina Isobe, Mar 19, 2016
Ask a Question