And another newbie

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by w3dal, Jan 6, 2009.

1. w3dal

w3dal

Hi,

Been looking at these over the festive period and eventhough i have a tosh laptop the misses has decided to take that over so im using that as an excuse to purchase one of these.

The deal i got was through my work and got the following -

1 X Acer Aspire ONE A150-Ab Laptop PC
    1 X Crucial Memory Upgrade - 1 GB
    1 x Tech air Wired slipcase Notebook carrying case - 12.1" - grey, black
    free next day delivery

got all that for £222

Was going for white, but i think blue has just won me over, should be putting my order in this afternoon just need that last little push for me to press the order button :D

great site and will have loads of Questions over the next few days as want to install Windows XP on it

any tips would be much appreciate

Dal

w3dal, Jan 6, 2009
  2. w3dal

karu11

welcome! I recommend reading a little from:
    http://aspireonesoftware.wordpress.com/

it has some nice software thats easier to find at the moment than going through some threads of old stories first. Fan controller, screen rotater, a small ISO reader. Also some slimmed down Windows Xps.

for your ram upgrade, i recommend:
    Tnkgirl mobile blog

although a tad different machine (She has SSD and you have SATA HDD(i think)) it gives you a nice way to get into your laptop's ram slot. Watch video.

karu11, Jan 6, 2009
  3. w3dal

w3dal

thanks very much for the links i will take a look. must admit after watching a few you tube videos about doing the memory upgrade i wish i had bought a 1 gig version and left it at that. why didnt they have a hatch underneath.

Dal

w3dal, Jan 7, 2009
Ask a Question