@ and setting a password

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Bono, May 23, 2009.

1. Bono

Bono

Hello,

i have a little problem: I bought an aspire one 110 AB with Linux Linpus. Iam from Germany and I do not know how to write the @ and € Symbol with an english keyboard. With a german keyboard i only have to push AltGr and Q for the @-Symbol. Does anyone know how to write this Symbols?
    Another problem is to set a password. If I want to set a new password, the system says that i have to write the primary password. But I do not have a primary password, i dont have anyone. Thats very strange.

Thanks a lot

Bono, May 23, 2009
  2. Bono

sterretje

Not sure if it will help but I'll give it a try.

I bought mine today so I'm totally new to the AA1 and I had a fight with the keyboard as well. It defaults to UK layout which is a disaster as the keys don't match. I had to (double?) click the UK icon in the system tray to set it to EN. After that, the '@' is where I'm expecting it (above the '2').

I could not get this setting persistent, but after connecting to the internet and doing the live update, the preferences (settings) has an additional keyboard icon where one can set the default.

Hope that it helps.

WimS

PS No idea about your second question

sterretje, May 24, 2009
Ask a Question