Android on Acer Aspire One 751

Discussion in 'Android' started by r00n, Jan 23, 2010.

1. r00n

r00n

r00n, Jan 23, 2010
  2. r00n

JamesDax

I've often wondered about Android for netbooks. Seems like a good idea. But with no support for gma500 it's useless for us 751h users.

JamesDax, Jan 23, 2010
  3. r00n

r00n

Yolicloud is also with a GMA500 driver. Will not take long till Ubuntu will have the same I think...
    I think drivers will be the big problem for netbooks, and I think it will not be the OS I want on my netbook, but is nice for a try!

r00n, Jan 24, 2010
  4. r00n

JamesDax

Actually Jolicloud has full GMA500 support including hardware acceleration. Looks to me that it may very well end up being the OS for netbooks. Atleast the best one for our 751h.

JamesDax, Jan 24, 2010
  5. r00n

Pytheas

One more point for Jolicloud! I have installed it on the 2nd partition and it seems light, easy to use and pretty neat! All hardware was correctly installed during setup (with no intervention) and GMA500 seems to go pretty well (I am not sure about hardware acceleration though). I found a couple of drawbacks (e.g. no battery percentage indicator) and still have to check out some things (e.g. support for Greek keyboard) but I will surely spend much time with this OS. After all, it is still in beta version so we'll have to wait for the final version!

I am not sure about Google Android, since it depends heavily on the internet connection and this may cause problems in certain occasions...

Pytheas, Jan 24, 2010
Ask a Question