Another vpn question

Discussion in 'Linux' started by diverduck1994, Oct 10, 2008.

1. diverduck1994

diverduck1994

OK hears the deal my acer aspire one well arrive in a day or so. I done tons of research which may turn out useless. I purchased the 8gb model. 1st to expand my learning and 2nd because i like the ssd since I'm on the go a lot. I not very tech savvy but am willing to try. So my school has wifi which when opening a web page you get a screen asking for a user name and password. I assume this is a vpn network? If it is how the heck am i going to connect to it . I just noticed a post saying linpus does not support vpn! What! What good is this if i can't connect to my Uni Wifi. Yet with all the tech people here there is a solution I am sure so please somebody post me a wiki or link for help. Thanks a frustrated new Linux user. P.S. I have just recently installed ubuntu on my desktop at home and trying to learn it. That helped me decided to go with linpus. Thanks in advance.

diverduck1994, Oct 10, 2008
  2. diverduck1994

hclincha

You might have to download a tun driver. I've made it work on my AA1. Not that I use it anymore, because eduroam is so much better. But I digress.

hclincha, Oct 10, 2008
  3. diverduck1994

katbert

Dude,

I am using the same model as yours. You've got a much better deal :)

Take a look of this one.
    http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1788

Indeed, AA1 comes with vpnc and openvpn. You can skip a few procedures in the above link.

It works for me except the tun module. Somebody posted a tun module here, but my machine couldn't restart after I had installed it.

You can make it by yourself.
    http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=608&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

I have installed something like pcf2vpnc to set up the default.conf and downloaded the .pem file from my university. Good luck. :cool:

katbert, Oct 11, 2008
Ask a Question