Any Major Retailer Options?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by flamingswrd, Sep 26, 2008.

1. flamingswrd

flamingswrd

From all the things I have been hearing about the AAO, it has still not discouraged me from wanting one. BUT, I would like to see one in physical form and not just digital. Anyone know a major retailer in the US that actually still carries them? Model is not a concern, as overall feel is what is I am looking to experience.

Note: I was going to look at one at Circuit City, but they have discontinued them (permanently?).

flamingswrd, Sep 26, 2008
  2. flamingswrd

scottro

J&R has them in stock. I think DataVision in NYC also has them. I am positive about J&R, not so positive about DataVision.

scottro, Sep 27, 2008
  3. flamingswrd

penguin5

Micro Center has hundreds of 3 cell versions in stock. At least the one by me does. I was told by the employees that the new aao 6 cell is coming out by the end of this week. I dont think thats going to happen that soon but keeping my fingers crossed for next week :roll:

penguin5, Sep 27, 2008
  4. flamingswrd

gw-acer

The Seattle/Renton Fry's has the 120GB 3-cell on display.

gw-acer, Oct 1, 2008
  5. flamingswrd

flamingswrd

Any stores in Illinois? A major road trip is not something I had in mind.

flamingswrd, Oct 7, 2008
  6. flamingswrd

spaceholiday

I've tried to find retailers in Madison, WI with display models, and heard the same story at each place: "We had them, but we sold out even the display and don't know when we'll get more."

spaceholiday, Oct 7, 2008
  7. flamingswrd

Sherlock

For anybody in the Tampa Bay, Florida area, the rebadged CompUSA stores (Tiger Direct bought four CompUSA stores in the Tampa Bay area and the rights to the CompUSA name) finally have the 120GB Windows 3-cell White units on display. I like many others wanted to see one in action before buying. I only got a brief glimpse of one at Circuit City. A manager pulled their demo unit out of a box and let me look at it but would not power the unit up or sell it.

The CompUSA price is $399.99 and their sign says that is $50 off retail. I was happy to see the White case and compared to the blue case I saw at Circuit City which was full of finger prints, finger prints were not as visible. I also tested typing on their display unit and while not as good a keyboard as the HP netbook, it was much better than the Asus netbook.

When I asked a CompUSA manager if they had any other Aspire One models he said no and at the rate these were selling (he said around 40 had sold in two days) they would soon be out of them.

I had noticed that their web site (CompUSA and Tiger Direct web sites are basically identical) have started to show other models of the Aspire One so hopefully they will hit the stores soon.

Sherlock, Oct 8, 2008
  8. flamingswrd

scottro

Amazon is starting to give ship dates for the blue 6 cell. It seems as if they're gradually coming in.

The 3 cell versions are moderately easy to find, I believe Newegg has most of them.

scottro, Oct 8, 2008
Ask a Question