Anyone gone to Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by jforbes, Jul 25, 2011.

1. jforbes

jforbes

Hi

I've got an A0A150 currently running 10.10 Maverick Meerkat, but have a few issues
    • SD card readers don't work[/*:m:26tyim49]
    • Won't mount an external DVD drive[/*:m:26tyim49]

I'm wondering if going to 11.04 would resolve these, and if there are any other issues with it?

Thanks

jforbes, Jul 25, 2011
  2. jforbes

DutchDK

Both items has been fixed on Natty, as far as I can see. My A110 is running Natty and both cardreaders work. No issues either with a USB connected DVD drive.

Just remember that you need to get the codecs from the mediabuntu repository if you want to play DVD movies. Or install VLC and use that as your mediaplayer.

DutchDK

DutchDK, Jul 25, 2011
  3. jforbes

ncc123

I had 10.10 on my AOA-150 a while ago (since switched to Win7 and Peppermint Ice), and I remember using a tweak that got the card readers working fine. Can't remember *exactly what* that tweak was though ;-)

ncc123, Jul 26, 2011
  4. jforbes

RockDoctor

pciehp.pciehp_force=1 as a kernel parameter

I've lost count of the number of times I (and others) have repeated it over the past three years ;) Glad to see that Ubuntu has finally caught up with Fedora and it's no longer needed.

RockDoctor, Aug 27, 2011
Ask a Question