Anyone have this 9 cell battery?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by ryangassxx, Jan 6, 2009.

1. ryangassxx

ryangassxx

I found this 9 cell battery. Looks like it's 3rd party hardware. Can anyone vouch for the quality?
    http://www.global-laptop-batteries.com/ ... ttery.html

I'm looking for a replacement for my 3 cell battery. A 6 cell would do, but the official "Acer" ones are pretty steep. Anyone have any suggestions? What's the cheapest thing out there? Do I have to worry about these aftermarket batteries blowing up or damaging my computer?

Any input will be appreciated.

Cool site BTW, first post here.

ryangassxx, Jan 6, 2009
  2. ryangassxx

AnotherHappyAAOuser

Not sure if that 9 cells would be good since it might not meet the recharging specification on the AAO. More cells would draw more current from your power supply and can blow it up unless there is a current limiter in the battery pack or on the motherboard. You might want to ask acer for "full" compatibility with that 9-cells and if its without risk.

AnotherHappyAAOuser, Jan 9, 2009
  3. ryangassxx

jackluo923

There should already be a "current" limiter on the battery charger in the AAO. You can tell because 3cell battery charge faster than 6cell battery.

jackluo923, Jan 10, 2009
  4. ryangassxx

kirk202

I received a 9 cell last week and so far it's working great. It added a lot of weight but its a small price to pay for the extended time.

I got mine at mambate.com for $75 and free shipping. They even sent it express and I had it a couple of days.

kirk202, Jan 17, 2009
  5. ryangassxx

jonnynogood

do you have any photos of it on the computer?

does it stick out pretty far? how long does it generally last for you?

jonnynogood, Jan 18, 2009
  6. ryangassxx

MParker

Works fine and gives me about 9 hours. It puts the Acer at a nice angle too.

MParker, Jan 29, 2009
  7. ryangassxx

dasy2k1

I have a similiar one and the only problem I have had is the little hook shaped tab that holds the battery in (on the non sprinngy clip) snapped off... a quck dab of supergule later and all is well

dasy2k1, Apr 2, 2009
  8. ryangassxx

swagner

I have 32 of these batteries-- yes 32. We are consistently getting about 9 hours with wifi on using Linux4One on 32 machines. Thumbs up in my book.

swagner, Apr 2, 2009
  9. ryangassxx

AspireOverdrive

Would this work on an A150?

The only thing that happens with more cells on batteries is they charge slower. My understanding of batteries is a slower charge is better for them anyway.

I've noticed that my AAO takes a while to charge the battery .. course that could be because it's a regular 6 cell battery being charged on a 35w adapter.

AspireOverdrive, Apr 2, 2009
  10. ryangassxx

bberris

Mine failed after 4 months. I sent it back for warranty replacement and they wanted to charge me $15 for shipping. The terms of warranty say that they will rebate shipping back to them!!?. So far (3 days) no reply after I told them that.

bberris, Apr 22, 2009
Ask a Question