Anyone interested in a Good cheap 6600mah?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by toibs, May 11, 2009.

1. toibs

toibs

Guys,

Picked up what seems like a REALLY decent 6600mAh last week, and i'm currently in negotiations with the UK supplier. Seems i managed to get it cheap due to a misprice, however the dealer honoured it, so fair play to them.

This is a uk seller, and they are currently out of stock, however i'm trying to persuade them to get more in, since i really believe that these are good. They are manufactured by Simplo - the same people that seem to manufacture the original ones for Acer - at least it says "Manufactured by Simplo" on the bottom of my original 2200mAh.

However it looks like they may roll out at £30 each (forum special), plus around £4 postage for each one. Currently mine is on it's 2nd charge, and reports 5h37mins runtime - hopefully it should improve with a good slow 2nd discharge - however mine is currently running a rather high discharge rate of -11.355mW :)

However i thought i'd post this to gauge interest. If i can get enough interest then i'm hoping i can persuade him to get some more in, since these seem to be fairly solid batteries.

A profile pic (used before here - i'll take some new ones over the coming days...)

[​IMG]

If people could post to this thread if they are interested (by no means a concrete acceptance!!), and i'll use it to demonstrate it to them if this is popular enough.

I HASTEN TO ADD THAT I HAVE NO LINK TO THIS SELLER, AND THAT I DO NOT STAND TO GAIN AT ALL ON THIS.
    (Just thought i'd make that clear!! - i'm more than happy - if they agree, for all transactions to be done directly with the seller!!)

Thanks
    Paul

toibs, May 11, 2009
  2. toibs

jerryt

Count me in for two.

jerryt, May 11, 2009
  3. toibs

Joe Foe from Buffalo

I'll take one!

Joe Foe from Buffalo, May 11, 2009
  4. toibs

seatzie

not a bad price at all, all I'd say though is I ordered a 7200 battery for £39 delivered from batteryresource88 on ebay and it arrived here in the uk in a week and is reporting 7h 45mins on 2nd charge - so for an extra fiver you're getting 2 hours more?............

seatzie, May 11, 2009
  5. toibs

ronime

Unless "Simplo" is printed on the label on the battery I would rather suspect that the battery is simply using a controller with cloned Simplo firmware.

Having said that, the firmware on my unbranded 5200mAH 6-cell reports itself as "Simplo" and so far has been OK.

The 9-cell batteries are a bit too bulky for my liking, but if your supplier can source decent 6-cell 5200mAH batteries for 30 quid + postage then I too would be interested.

ronime, May 11, 2009
  6. toibs

toibs

Simplo is indeed printed on the battery itself - not sure about what comes up in the firmware, since the battery monitor i use doesnt report the firmware type...These are 6600mAh, not 5200...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(sorry for the crappy cut/pasting - the machine i'm currently on has limited photo editing facilities!)

Paul

toibs, May 11, 2009
  7. toibs

ronime

Yes, I am aware of this. I am also aware that these are are 9-cell batteries.

As per my original post, I would be interested to know if there is any possibility that you could ask your contact if he/she can also supply 6-cell 5200mAH batteries at a similar price.

Thanks for posting the pictures, this gives me a fair degree of confidence that the quality of these batteries should be more than adequate (there seems to be a lot of poor quality batteries and/or unscrupulous sellers around and I don't plan on being a victim again).

ronime, May 11, 2009
  8. toibs

toibs

Which is exactly what pushed me to put this post up - Most suppliers are direct from China/Hong kong, and i too have had varied successes with these in different uses. The initial issue is things not turning up, however most of my previous issues have been with sub-standard batteries arriving, and ending up back at square one again!

At the end of the day, the way i looked at it was like this - There's lots of people in the UK and USA (more specifically in the UK to be fair, since there seems to be more suppliers of these in the USA - but for us in the UK to import these from the USA with the current exchange rate and postage costs makes this prohibitive) that are unable to get decent batteries at a reasonable cost. Personally i want about to pay £50 for a battery that, to be honest, will only have a life of 2-3 years anyhow. however this price seems much more reasonable. I seem lucky enough to have found a decent battery at a great price, so seems only fair to invite others (to be honest the "where did you get these from" pm's in my inbox also spurred me into this when i mentioned about it! :) )

As i said before, i have no ties with the supplier/manufacturer at all, Only a very impressed purchaser :)

Paul

toibs, May 11, 2009
  9. toibs

toibs

Also, you have to remember though - i have seen several posts on here saying they have had problems/issues with these, leading to having to return and then replace them (additional time and expense to ship back to the seller and await a return).

Paul

toibs, May 11, 2009
  10. toibs

saltarivazos

I'll take one!

saltarivazos, May 17, 2009
  11. toibs

toibs

Just to give you guys an update...

It sounds like they have agreed to re-stock these, since they are currently trying to get the best price out of their supplier. I am awaiting an update as to confirmation they are going to restock, and also the price.

Will update as soon as i know any more info...

Paul

toibs, May 17, 2009
  12. toibs

fleckers

I'd be interested..... Very pleased with my 110 but battery life is pants! 5 hrs or so would improve it massively for me.... :D

fleckers, May 20, 2009
  13. toibs

neilwalls

I'd be interested in one. Got my one coming today! Changed from a 2133 HP

neilwalls, May 22, 2009
  14. toibs

musicman100

Yes I would be interested as well.

thanks

musicman100, May 25, 2009
  15. toibs

Joe Foe from Buffalo

Any update on getting ....me....one?

Joe Foe from Buffalo, May 27, 2009
  16. toibs

Joe Foe from Buffalo

Can we get these or not? Please update....us.

Joe Foe from Buffalo, May 31, 2009
  17. toibs

Forone

I'll want to replace my 3-cell with a 6-cell in a few months, but I'm looking forward to some 8 to 12 month experience reports with these aftermarket batteries. My experience buying a Panasonic-built Chinese clone for an older Dell laptop was bad - a year later it was at the level the OEM Dell battery had reached after 3 years. The replacement looked and worked great Day 1, even had a higher MAH rating, but build quality wasn't there. Word to the penny-wise.

Forone, Jun 1, 2009
  18. toibs

droon

I'm interested in a 6600mah or a 7200 one. in europe.
    edit: but i just bought the 7200 one from the ebay seller mentioned above. hope it works.

droon, Jun 6, 2009
Ask a Question