AO 532h vs. AS1410

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by pcfranchina, Mar 7, 2010.

1. pcfranchina

pcfranchina

hello. Just had a quick preference question. A couple of weeks ago I had an impulse buy and picked up AO532H (1gb and 160gb HD). I ordered a 2gb upgrade and didn't put it in. Since then I have been doing more reading and and browsing on the web. I returned it to make a wiser purchase. I have read good things about it and others though. I am now debating on picking up a AO532h with the 250gb drive and adding my 2 gb chip or an AS1410. Both have pros and cons. Any advice? Trying to make this purchase a little wiser. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance!

pcfranchina, Mar 7, 2010
  2. pcfranchina

vpnavy

Ah, you remind me of my sister! [​IMG] Just kidding pcfranchina.

Your decision must be made on what you want. Every other day something new and better comes out - you will be making your "wiser" decision forever! [​IMG] Just kidding again pcfranchina.

The AS1410 has a bigger screen then the 532H (10.1 vs 11.6) - is that important to you?

The AS1410 comes with 2GB (expandable to 4GB) vs the 532H comes with 1GB (expandable to 2GB) - is that important to you? Do you plan on running heavy duty graphics, computations, etc.?

Both the AS1410 and the 532H come with 160G drive (expandable to 250G) - is that important to you? Do you plan on loading up a ton of software, data files, etc.?

What you have to do is print out the spec's for both and compare them side by side and decide what is important to you. Just remember one thing - their will be something better coming out tomorrow.

I don't envy you right now.[​IMG]

vpnavy, Mar 8, 2010
  3. pcfranchina

pcfranchina

Yes, I do tend to over think things. All the specs are higher on the 4010 except battery
    Life due to the celeron processor.
    I already have a 2gb chip to put into a 532h and you can get one with a 250gb hd for 349.00.

So basicly its celeron vs. atom.

pcfranchina, Mar 8, 2010
  4. pcfranchina

vpnavy

While I'm having fun at your espense - I know exactly what you are facing. It is tough - my only fault with Acer (unlike Dell) is you have to gamble on upgrade (and replacement) parts where as Dell you can go to one source. This is the first "non-Dell" laptop/netbook I've purchased and it is really frustrating the game you have to play to just get a battery (upgrade) replacement. Ijust don't understand why Acer can't handle it the same way Dell does. Anyway - when you finally make your decision - QUIT LOOKING!

vpnavy, Mar 8, 2010
  5. pcfranchina

pcfranchina

Well I ended up with the AO 532h. Added the 2gb upgrade and picked up a external passport drive. Seeems ok for now :)

Thanks!

pcfranchina, Mar 10, 2010
Ask a Question