AO521-3530 RT 1080p playback issue

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by tomq_123, Sep 23, 2010.

1. tomq_123

tomq_123

I recently purchased a Acer Aspire One A0521-3530 with the AMD Neo processor and 2gb of memory. One of the reasons I purchased this model was that the reviews all said it will play 1080p content with HDMI out to my TV. However, I haven't been able to get it to play 1080p without stuttering and pixalating. I've upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium and have updated all of the ATI Drivers which did allow it to play 720p (it didn't very well at first), however 1080p is still an issue. Anyone have any idea on how I can get it to play 1080p without this issues. I'm trying to play an /.mkv file using VLC.

tomq_123, Sep 23, 2010
  2. tomq_123

bluevolume

I don't know a lot about the 521 (still debating buying one...), but I'll shoot in the dark. VLC is a software player, so its likely that it isn't taking advantage of the HD capabilities in the GPU. There's probably some configuration settings in VLC to change that.

Does it work through WMP? If you install this: http://www.matroska.org/ you can play .mkv files in WMP.

bluevolume, Sep 24, 2010
  3. tomq_123

tomq_123

Thanks for the info. Based on the info you told me, I was able to figure out my issue. I download the KLite Codecs and am using that with Media player Classic. Works like a charm I can now play full 1080p (mkv, h264, etc...) without any issues. I tied other codecs (CCCP, shark007, DivX) however I found the KLItes to work the best. Also, rememeber to run Win7DSFilterTweaker to make sure you are using your GPU to it's full advantage.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/k_l ... c_pack.htm

tomq_123, Sep 28, 2010
Ask a Question