AO532h Fn+F2 does NOT work!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Nuke209, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Nuke209

Nuke209

I recently bought the ao532h, wiped out the w7 and installed my copy of w7

Fn+F2 does not disable the wireless, though some of the other fn+ combos work.

Whats the deal here?

btw, i also installed launch manager and that did not do anything.

Nuke209, Jul 11, 2010
  2. Nuke209

bluevolume

You need to install the Acer ePower Management. You have to get it from the DVDs that you made with the Acer system disk backup thing.

bluevolume, Jul 12, 2010
  3. Nuke209

Anarethos

Like said, install ePower Management. If you don't have it, go to the Acer support web site and select the 533 ou 521 model. The 532 does not list this software for download.

Anarethos, Aug 26, 2010
  4. Nuke209

cmyden

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this exact same issue. I wiped out Windows 7 Starter and installed Ultimate. I also upgraded the BIOS on my 532-H to 1.25 and installed all the latest drivers.

Everything works flawlessly, with the exception of disabling the wireless via Function-F2. I tried installing ePower Management (from the 533 model support page) as others have suggested, but have run across the same problem that others have, which is that it appears to install fine, but nothing loads. I've tried executing the ePower applications manually, but nothing happens.

I also tried installing the LaunchManager, and then reinstalling ePower, but no luck.

If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions it's greatly appreciated.

cmyden, Sep 13, 2010
  5. Nuke209

cmyden

After writing the above post, I decided to give it another shot, and to my surprise, I got it to work.

I reinstalled LaunchManager, but decided to right-click on it and 'run as administrator' when I installed it, just for fun. I also used the default path this time. I wouldn't think either of these would matter, but anyways, maybe it will help someone.

The Launch Manager was from the Acer UK support site under the 532-h model.

http://www.acer.co.uk/acer/service.do?L ... 2980211862

The ePower software was also from the UK site but under the AO533 model, it's under 'Applications'.

cmyden, Sep 13, 2010
Ask a Question