AO751H XP to Win 7

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Thiedemann, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Thiedemann

Thiedemann

I have upgraded my ram to 2g, my hard drive to a 320g, 7200. I have installed win 7 with the latest drivers from Acer. The unit runs very well and much faster then with XP and the original HHD. The problem I am having is shutting down, it hangs at the blue Logging Off screen and that is it. Every now and then it shuts down as normal, but most times I need to hold down the power button until it does shut down. I have not upgraded the bios to the latest/greatest. Could this be the reason?

GT

Thiedemann, Mar 2, 2010
  2. Thiedemann

Swarvey Moderator

Sounds like it could be a power management issue. Does it boot up normally after you've manually shut it down? No hard drive scans or menu's saying it didnt shut down properly?

You could try the BIOS upgrade (if there is one) but it's only a 50-50 chance that it'll help.

Is there anything in your device manager that has a ! beside it?

Swarvey, Mar 2, 2010
  3. Thiedemann

Thiedemann

I do get an error message on re-boot, I choose boot normaly and it loads fine. I checked the device manager and no issues there either. It has gotten to the point of reformatting and reinstalling 5 times now. Again today, but no issues thus far. It will take a couple of days for it to show up again.

Thiedemann, Mar 3, 2010
Ask a Question