AOA 110 -bw converted from FAT32 to NTFS props

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Renault5GTT, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Renault5GTT

Renault5GTT

Hi guys, firstly like to say hello. :)

OK where do I begin?....I bought an Aspire one with the 8GB SATA drive running XP which was running slow so I decided to convert the FAT 32 filing system to NTFS as I thought it would be faster!! BUT.....its slowed my netbook down so much it is now unuseable!! So my question is...How do I fix it? :lol:

Ive looked through the search buttons, tried google etc but cant seem to find a solution.

As you are aware they do not come with a cd drive and no copy of windows so what can I do? I know that I can download a 3rd party software (partition magic etc) but I want to completely format my hard drive and install windows XP again.

My laptop came pre loaded with windows XP and I have the product key etc...So If I can get a copy of windows can I just use my existing product key? Ill create a bootable USB stick and do it that way if I can....

If there is an easier fix though Id be greatful if you could enlighten me.

Also how do this netbooks run Vista or 7? are they useable?

Regards

Mark :)

Renault5GTT, Feb 19, 2010
  2. Renault5GTT

hartleyshc

your cd key will work with an oem version of XP Home.

hartleyshc, Feb 22, 2010
Ask a Question