AOA - 150 as Ebook Reader

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by sdelliott31, May 16, 2009.

1. sdelliott31

sdelliott31

I just love my Aspire and can't believe that you can do so much with it for under $300.00. My brother in law has the Sony PRS -505 Ereader and really enjoys it for his ebooks. The cost was $250 before he bought a cover, light and screen. His screen is 6 inches I believe. I thought this was a clever tool and I, who read my books on my iPhone was a little jealous. As I have been reading on the 'net about the Aspire there was a link about using this as an ebook reader.

http://download.cnet.com/8301-2007_4-10188221-12.html .

What I did was I downloaded microsoft reader as its .lit format is a reflowing format, so that you can enlarge and shrink the works, not the page itself. Then I downloaded EeeRotate, so that you can hit control and the arrow to have the reading pane be long ways. Microsoft Reader will let you pick the size and the shading of the clear type font you like and will make the pages a full sheet, so it is very easy to read. I have a 6 cell battery, so its a little heavy, but to let it rest against you, it is fantastic and almost eliminates an ereader. Microsoft reader will do voice reading and let you do annotations and such. I'm sure with all the great posts on there this has already been mentioned but I wanted to share as well.

sdelliott31, May 16, 2009
  2. sdelliott31

garrovick

I use mine as an e-book reader too. Mostly PDFs and HTML. I haven't used ms reader for years. I bookmarked your link and will look it over again. I use the Intel rotating thingy currently.

garrovick, May 16, 2009
Ask a Question