AOA 150 won't turn on

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by bingdude, Oct 4, 2011.

1. bingdude

bingdude

Hi all,

I'm having a weird problem with my AOA 150. When I give it any power source whether it is the battery or AC adapter the orange light for the charge indicator turns orange for a moment turns off. The green light on the switch is on, but is dimmer than normal. Caps lock and num lock does nothing. The fan is not running and I have to disconnect the power source to turn the unit 'off'. Any ideas?

bingdude, Oct 4, 2011
  2. bingdude

nestone

Have you tried removing the battery and trying to power on via the AC adapter? I know my AOA 150 won't turn on if my 6 cell battery is badly depleted. I suspect the AC adapter doesn't put out enough juice to charge a badly depleted battery and power up the laptop at the same time. Once powered up without the battery, I can connect the battery to the net book and it keeps running. Does the battery charge with the net book turned off? In other words, after a few hours does the orange charge light turn to green? If not, you might have a bad battery or bad charger.

nestone, Oct 4, 2011
  3. bingdude

bingdude

With battery by itself - same result.
    With ac by itself - same result.
    With both - same result.

bingdude, Oct 5, 2011
Ask a Question