AOA 150 ZG5 DUAL BOOT

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by tarod, Nov 4, 2009.

1. tarod

tarod Guest

Hola !

my way of makin the ACER DUAL BOOT with OSX Snow Leo & WIN XP pro SP3:

1.) with the help of WinSetupFromUSB I made Windows-XP bootable from USB-stick (important: use the same format for USB-stick as you will use later on for your HDD)
    2.) used the WIN-XP install to format the HDD - like a pre-format to clear the HDD & delete all partitions - at this stage no Win-XP install !!!
    3.) followed the instructions of netbookbootmaker http://osx.mechdrew.com/guides/advanced2.shtml ( the 1. example for DUAL BOOT), but instead of following the instructions for makin changes on the Leopard install (MBR booting instead of GUID), I used a tool from here: http://ipis-osx.wikidot.com/forum/t-178 ... ll-usb-key

my comments:
    1.) be PATIENT ! it will take time, especially the installs from USB-stick,
    sometimes I thought nothing happened, but . . . be PATIENT !
    2.) you have to understand & follow the instructions 100% ! - then everything works just fine. Take care: any little tiny change or not following the instructions 100% will mess it up !
    3.) for Wireless I ordered the dell dw1390 or similar card - just installing the hardware, and that´s it !
    4.) for audio are diferent kexts available (see diferent posts in this forum) - but the mic "never works" perfect.
    5.) for Ethernet see: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=17768&start=10#p103985
    6.) ext. monitors see: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=17888

For me is ONE ISSUE PENDING:
    Windows (on 1. partition of HDD called: C ) booted perfect after installation
    but after installing OSX on the 2. partition (D) and running the netbookinstaller (incl Chameleon install),
    I can´t boot WIN XP . . . WIN-Xp ist not shown in Chameleon when booting the netbook.
    for booting WIN-XP, my WIN-install USB-stick has to be connected, and I have to boot from my WIN XP USB-stick,
    and then WIN-XP boots directly from the HDD.

VERY STRANGE !

something wrong with chameleon ?
    SOMEONE HAS AN IDEA ?

muchas gracias

tarod, Nov 4, 2009
  2. tarod

tarod Guest

more infos:

1.) after installing WIN-Xp I installed all drivers for the 150, downloaded from the Acer web,
    in WIN XP everything works perfect !

2.) I tried to install iLife 09 in OSX, but only iPhoto installed perfect,
    all other programms had an ERROR while installing

3.) these programms are all running on OSX SL also now:
    iphoto
    win-office for OSX
    adobe-reader
    fetch

4.) my next challange:
    I want to run Logic Pro on my 150 - like you can see in a youtube video

tarod, Nov 4, 2009
Ask a Question