AOA110-1722 questions

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by UUUnicorn, Sep 15, 2008.

1. UUUnicorn

UUUnicorn

Hello; newbie here, how're you?

About three weeks ago, I purchased an Acer Aspire One, AOA110-1722 (Linux Linpus Lite, 8GB SSD). I've already upgraded the memory, maxing it out to around 1.5 Gig.

I have two questions:

Is it possible to switch from Linpus Linux Lite to Windows XP? If so, then...

What can I do about upgrading the storage capacity, and is it possible that I may have to switch the kind of storage?

Thank you, thank you.

UUUnicorn

UUUnicorn, Sep 15, 2008
  2. UUUnicorn

maciek

everything you need you'll find here.

To be honest you should have gone for hdd version. XP is said to be quite slow performing on SSD and replacing drive with hdd is a hardware modification which is described somewhere here on the forum...

but if you insist on putting xp on it, nlite it and use one of many guides to install from usb stick, usb hdd or usb dvd/cd rom

maciek, Sep 15, 2008
  3. UUUnicorn

Shad0wguy

To up the storage you can use the storage expansion slot, just as in Linux. Only difference would be that it would show as a separate drive instead of combining like it does in linux. You also have the option of replacing the internal 8GB SSD with either a CF reader or a hard drive, though it would need to have the ZIF connection.

Shad0wguy, Sep 15, 2008
  4. UUUnicorn

UUUnicorn

Please, what is nlite?

Also, is a ZIF connection something that I have to buy separate from and in addition to the hard drive?

Thank you.

UUUnicorn

UUUnicorn, Sep 15, 2008
Ask a Question