AOA110 MODEL NOMENCLATURE

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by tbay, Nov 29, 2008.

1. tbay

tbay

Anyone know what the second set of numbers mean on AOA110 models? I just bought the newegg.com Black Friday special ($249), model AOA110-1113. From what I've read here, 110 means flash drive. The 1113 number worries me...it is much lower than all the other model numbers I see offered; is this an old, outdated, discontinued model? Any insights greatly appreciated. Thanks

tbay, Nov 29, 2008
  2. tbay

rory

no idea, I thought it was to do with linux or xp and the colour

I seriously doubt a low number means its an old one.

rory, Nov 30, 2008
  3. tbay

jamesliz

I also purchased that model. It is a model sold in South Africa. If you Google the the part number which is LU.S020A.065 for the white one you will see stores popping up in South Africa. The blue one has a different part number, but is also sold there. I am wondering how Acer will react if warranty work is needed, but since I trust Newegg and the unit carries an international warranty I hoping it will be covered. The specs are the same. Some might consider this a grey market unit, but grey markets don't give international warranties only warranties for the country it is sold in; so we should be ok.

jamesliz, Dec 1, 2008
  4. tbay

jamesliz

I have more info about those newegg.com aspire one's. I called ACER directly, gave them the part number of the unit and they said it is definitely covered by their U.S. warranty. Apparently newegg.com cut some deal with a distributor, so we have saved $80.00 over the usual price that newegg sells the other models for, which are identical. Hope this puts your mind at ease.

jamesliz, Dec 1, 2008
Ask a Question